Friday, April 18, 2008

Amazon Found My Wedding Shoes

New York.




This xplorer is getting hitched. As every girl knows, the wedding dress is the most important thing. For me, shoes come in a close second. So over the past few weeks I’ve been doing some serious shoe shopping, both on and offline.

A few days ago I went to amazon.com in search of an overpriced Polaroid camera. Surprisingly, on the home page, staring me in the face were my perfect wedding shoes.

My instant delight quickly changed to weirded out skepticism as I mentally joined the dots and realized that Amazon had been ‘snooping’ on my shoe shopping. It all has something to do with cookies… I’m not techie enough to know for sure.

Amazon new my size, the heel height, color and style I was after. And then right when I least expected it they served my up my ideal shoe, at an ideal price.

I bought the shoes. I love them. But I still feel a little creeped out that Amazon is watching me shop.

Opportunity: Remember your manners! You might get one sale, but you won’t get much respect or love. In the new digital world the nosy snooping neighbors will quickly be shut out. Why not be the ‘gentleman.’

No comments: