Friday, April 18, 2008

The Power of Discovery

New York

I had a love affair with my Nintendo Wii from the moment I laid eyes on it. It was a simple attraction at first. I had seen an ad for the Wii sports game and thought it looked like so much fun; instead of going out, I could invite friends over and we’d play Wii tennis! I courted the Wii for weeks. Looked it up online. Checked it out in stores. Thought about spending the money. Then one morning, I woke up at 6 am, waited outside of Best Buy for 2 hours and came home with the Wii.
But since then I have been discovering new sides to my Wii. I can surf the internet on the Wii, buy any Nintendo game (even the original Mario Brothers) by downloading them directly through the Wii... I can even challenge strangers through the internet to a game of Guitar Hero on my Wii. AMAZING. I love that I didn’t know all these features right away. I had to play with it and explore all the elements. I love that I don’t know what I’m going to discover next.

Implication: Seduction isn’t about showing your cards all at once. Leave some things to be discovered and the relationship will last

No comments: